Driving in Texas can be unbearable in the Summer when your vehicle air conditioning system is not functioning properly. Spring is a good time to get your air conditioning system checked out to make sure you are ready for the summer heat. A little bit of maintenance can go a long way.
There are a few things you can do to keep an eye on your air conditioning performance. If you discover something that needs more thorough attention don’t wait give us a call to discuss your vehicle needs. Here a few simple tips you can perform to check for potential problems.
Air Conditioning Checks
- Is cold air blowing through your vents?
- If your vehicle is equipped with an in cabin air filter make sure it is clean.
- Check to make sure the compressor clutch engages when the A/C is turned on with the engine running.
- Inspect the compressor belt for tightness as well as look for cracks, nicks and overall condition.
- Inspect the A/C system hoses for cuts, weak spots or any sign of leakage.
- Check the air flow around the condenser as bugs, leaves and dirt can restrict the air flow.
- With the engine running can you hear excessive noise or rattling from the A/C compressor?
These are a few of the simple things you can do to check the performance of your auto air conditioning system. For a thorough inspection our trained technicians can perform a more in depth check including measuring the refrigerant levels.
Check out our Service Coupons for savings on vehicle maintenance and repair items.
Tags: ford service